WARRANTY REQUESTS – U.S. AND CANADA ONLY
To request a warranty please review the policies below and fill out a Warranty Form.
WARRANTY REQUESTS – INTERNATIONAL (CONTACT BCA REP IN YOUR COUNTRY)
Please contact the BCA location listed in your country on our contact page to obtain information about your warranty product.
BCA WARRANTY POLICY
Warranty Returns (defective product, product failure)
- Warranty returns may take up to two weeks to process and possibly longer during peak season (Nov. 15 – Jan. 15).
- All Backcountry Access products are guaranteed against manufacturing or material defects.
- Items will be warrantied at the discretion of Backcountry Access.
- BCA does not warranty products damaged from normal wear and tear, alteration made by owner, accidents or damages caused by use other than intended.
- Tracker Avalanche Transceivers – 5 year warranty from original date of purchase.
- If you are unsure of the age of your Tracker beacon please reference our manufacturing BCA Tracker Warranty chart.
- We encourage customers to perform a yearly beacon inspection by following our Tracker inspection/testing guidelines here.
- Avalanche transceivers cannot be returned for testing/recalibration.
- All Other Products – 3 year warranty from original date of purchase.
- Out of warranty products are eligible for the BCA upgrade program (see info below).
- See below for more detail on upgrades, returns, refunds, credits and shipping.
Upgrades (This program is only for products that are out-of-warranty.)
The BCA upgrade program allows for customers with out-of-warranty products to receive a discount on new product by sending in their out-of-warranty product.
- US and Canada customers: use the Warranty Form to request an upgrade
- Outside of North America: Please contact the BCA location listed in your country for more information.
BCA RETURN POLICY
We only accept the return of items purchased directly through the BCA online store.
- Customers must return item(s) to the original place of purchase for exchange or refund/credit.
Products purchased directly from BCA:
- In order to exchange or receive a refund for products purchased from BCA the product(s) must be returned within 30 days of purchase unused (with original packaging and accessories included)
- Products received as prizes are not exchangeable.
- Returns for credit and exchanges may take up to two weeks to process and possibly longer during peak season (Nov. 15 – Jan. 15).
- It is at the discretion of BCA to decide whether or not items purchased from discount purchase programs can be returned for credit.
- Refunds will credit back the payment card used on the order at the full amount paid for the product. Freight will not be refunded. You cannot return an item for credit and pay the difference for another item.
All U.S. & CANADA returns must have a Return Authorization Number in order for the item to be received. If you do not reside in the U.S. or Canada, please contact the BCA representative in your country listed here.
SHIPPING – NORTH AMERICA WARRANTY PROCEDURE – US & CANADA ONLY
To request a warranty please fill out a Warranty Form completely. Please include as much information as possible, including any photos you have. A warranty representative will review your request and get back to you within 7 business days.
We recommend sending all return/warranty items via UPS, FedEx or any carrier with package tracking capabilities (not the US Postal Service). Backcountry Access is not responsible for lost packages. If you contact Backcountry Access regarding your warranty, please reference your Return Authorization Number (be sure to write down the number for your records)
IMPORTANT NOTE: WARRANTY REQUESTS WITHOUT SHIPPING ADDRESS WILL NOT BE PROCESSED. Please note that during peak season (Nov. 15 – Jan. 15) it may take up to a 14 business days for us to process your claim. Warranty requests placed during holiday closures will be processed the following week when BCA team is back in the office. These may take two weeks to process, and we cannot guarantee the option to expedite services. All items are shipped FedEx Ground from BCA.
2021 S. 208th St.
Des Moines, WA 98198
Toll Free: 800-670-8735
9835 Dallas Drive
Kamloops, British Columbia