Float Avalanche Airbags Manuals & Resources
- Avalanche Airbag 101 Handout
- Float Avalanche Airbag 2.0 Manual
- Float Avalanche Airbag 1.0 Manual
- Float MtnPro Vest Avalanche Airbag Manual
- Float Avalanche Airbag Material Safety Sheet
- PPE Declaration of Conformity
- Float Avalanche Airbag FAQs
Float Avalanche Airbags Videos
Please see individual Float avalanche airbag product pages for specific model videos.
- Float 2.0 Models
- Float 1.0 Models
Float Air Travel Resources
- Float Cylinder Commercial Air Travel Information
- Float Cylinder US Commercial Air Travel – How to Pack Instructions
- Float Cylinder Maintenance & Preparation for Air Travel (Video)
- Float Air Travel Documents
Please download and print these documents and carry with you, attached to your cylinder for airport security!
- US Travel – TSA Small Compressed Gas Cartridges Regulation and FAA Avalanche Backpacks Regulation
- Non-US Travel – IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations
Float Cylinders & Accessories
- Float Cylinder Refill/Exchange/Rental Store Locator
- Float Cylinder Products & Accessories
- Float Snowboard Carry Attachment Instructions
- Float Shovel Carry Attachment (Float MtnPro Vest and Float 8 models only)
- Float Model Year Compatibility
Float Cylinder Refill/Exchange/Rental Instructions
BCA encourages practicing the deployment of your avalanche airbag at least once per year. Once you have discharged your compressed air cylinder, you will need to bring it to an authorized BCA Float cylinder refill station.
- Cylinder Refills/Exchanges with Authorized Locations
BCA authorized refill stations charge approximately $20 for refills. The actual cost of the refill is up the service provider. If you want to shop around for the best price, call ahead to the service provider to find out their refill costs. Some refill locations will charge extra to replace the o-ring on your valve stem. Some retail locations only offer cylinder exchanges. Cylinder exchange costs are also at the discretion of the store but are generally higher than refill fees. If you are interested in becoming a BCA refill or exchange center location, please contact BCA for more information.If you would like to report a bad experience or service from one of our refill locations, please contact BCA and we will address the issue.
- International Refill/Exchange/Rental Programs
- US/Canada: Refill
- Europe/Norway: Exchange
- Japan: Rental
- Australia/New Zealand: Refill
- Argentina/Chile: Refill
- Authorized Locations/Map Locator: Visit our Store Locator to find the nearest refill option near you.
Do not attempt to recharge the cylinder at locations that are not authorized by BCA, as this process requires training, documentation and parts provided by BCA.