Dimensions: 4″ x 6″ / 10 x 15 cm
Includes snow grain classification, slope angle map tool, and 1 mm and 3 mm grids to help you in your snowpack evaluations.
Weight: 1.4 ounces (aluminum) / 1.2 ounces (Lexan)
Lexan: ideal for sunny climates
BCA’s advanced line of snow study tools allow you to gather the in–field beta you need for your Level 2 avy course or a day of big line slaying with your best buds. Built to be used and abused, these tools were designed in conjunction with North America’s most experienced avalanche educators.
What features does the BCA Crystal Card have?
– Both a 1mm and 3mm grid for identifying snow grain size
– Snow grain classification symbols
– 10 centimeter ruler
– Slope indexes to determine slope angles on a topographical map
Does it fit inside the snow study kit?
What is the difference between the Lexan and Aluminum Crystal Cards?
– The Lexan crystal card is more ideal for sunnier climates as it retains less heat than the aluminum crystal card. The heat can quickly affect snow crystals when placed on the card.
– They have the same features.
Pro / Gov / Media Services