Backcountry Access, a division of K2 Sports, is a thriving company which produces Avalanche Beacons and other unique snow safety and outdoors products located in Boulder, Colorado at the foot of the Rocky Mountains.
The primary responsibility of this software engineering position is to produce embedded real-time control/analysis software used in handheld wireless transceivers. Tasks will include ground-up software system design, signal detection algorithm design, RFI minimization through software, and efficient user interface design.
- Design high-reliability control software (embedded C) for life-saving RF devices
- Ground-up development and implementation of RF detection algorithms
- Development of Software Defined Radio receivers and DSP filter design
- Design and perform tests which fully verify proper operation of a system
- Provide accurate time estimates and periodic status updates for all tasks assigned
- Collaborative locate software/hardware bugs and improve system performance
- Effectively work with a team of engineers and technicians to produce a reliable and sellable product
- BS in Electrical Engineering or BS in Computer Science with experience in embedded systems.
- Minimum of 1 year experience with projects involving the PIC microcontroller.
- Comfortable using the C programming language.
- Experience building and modifying basic (fine-pitch) digital hardware.
- Basic knowledge of electronic hardware and RF systems.
- Adept at debugging hardware and software with an oscilloscope, power supply, programming/emulation hardware, and other general lab equipment.
- Ability to build the code base microcontroller projects from the ground up. with ease as well as repair, debug, finish, and test existing projects.
- Maintain logical and readable comments in all code written.
- Eager to learn new skills relating to electronics and firmware.
- Well organized and displays good communication skills.
- Ability to present well in meetings, accurately predict task completion times, and consistently maintain a schedule .
- Does not get bogged down or stuck after failures; must openly communicate and collaborate with team members.
- Self-driven, must take ownership of and drive projects given.
- Documented portfolio of projects completed both professionally and recreationally containing code and hardware samples.
- Robotics experience.
- RF communications experience.
- SDR and DSP experience.
- Experience working with high reliability or life-critical devices.
- Knowledge of Matlab and instrument control via SCPI commands.
- Automated test fixture design and construction.
- Backcountry skiing and other outdoor activities are considered a plus.
How To Apply:
Interested candidates please visit http://erecruit.jarden.com to access all K2 Sports job opportunities posted on the website of our parent company Jarden Corporation.
K2 Sports is an equal opportunity employer.
BCA Athletes / Partners
BCA will accept sponsorship requests and proposals for the 2014/15 season from April 1, 2014 to September 1, 2014. Proposals and requests can be submitted by going here.