BCA is celebrating its 20th year in 2014-15. When we first got started in our humble garage in Colorado, we never dreamed it would get this big. But thanks to support from our loyal customers, we’re now the biggest and most trusted name in snow safety. We’re looking forward to another 20 years of backcountry riding and, most important, 20 more years of saved lives.
When we equip you for the backcountry, we work to equip you not only with gear, but with knowledge to make informed decisions. That’s why we support all of our products with a consumer education program and the most knowledgeable customer service staff in the industry.
Our mission is to save lives, not just sell products. This is how we measure success. The bottom line: don’t get caught in the first place. Get educated, choose your terrain according to the conditions, and communicate clearly. Our hope is that you’ll never use any of our rescue gear–except for practice. We want you to be a BCA customer for life.
Staff and Ambassadors
Bruce McGowan, General Manager
Bruce Edgerly, VP Global Sales/Marketing
Tiffany Hampshire, Operations Director
Steve Christie, Director of Sales
Andy Wenberg, Snowmobile Sales Manager
Sander Wyjad, Direct Sales & Customer Service Manager
Kim Godfrey, Senior Graphic Designer
Dane Olson, Inside Sales and Technical Services
Toni Leskela, Category Director
AK, WA, OR, ID panhandle
California and Nevada
Idaho south, Montana, Utah, Wyoming
US Snowmobiling and pro sales
Southern Ontario, Canada
Quebec and Northern Ontario, Canada
Quebec and Northern Ontario, Canada
British Columbia, Canada
Dwayne and Deb Paynton:
Canada snowmobiling and pro sales
Betsy Norsen, Mount Bachelor ski patroller
Felix Camire, Canadian ski guide
Kirk Bachman, Avalanche educator
Lel Tone, Squaw Valley patroller / Alaska heli guide
Chris Simmons, UIAGM guide
Lisa Korthals, Canadian ski guide
Logan Cookler, Wasatch Powderbird guide
Mike Duffy, Avalanche educator
Minot Maser, Dirtbag backcountry skier
Nick Armitage, Big Sky ski patroller
Rick Newberry, Kirkwood ski patroller
North Cascades Mountain Guides
Alpine World Ascents
Peak Mountain Guides
Colorado Mountain School
Partners / Athletes
BCA will accept sponsorship requests and proposals for the upcoming season from April 1 to October 1. Proposals and requests can be submitted by going here.
EMBEDDED SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Backcountry Access, a division of K2 Sports, is a thriving company which produces Avalanche Beacons and other unique snow safety and outdoors products located in Boulder, Colorado at the foot of the Rocky Mountains.
The primary responsibility of this software engineering position is to produce embedded real-time control/analysis software used in handheld wireless transceivers. Tasks will include ground-up software system design, signal detection algorithm design, RFI minimization through software, and efficient user interface design.
- Design high-reliability control software (embedded C) for life-saving RF devices
- Ground-up development and implementation of RF detection algorithms
- Development of Software Defined Radio receivers and DSP filter design
- Design and perform tests which fully verify proper operation of a system
- Provide accurate time estimates and periodic status updates for all tasks assigned
- Collaborative locate software/hardware bugs and improve system performance
- Effectively work with a team of engineers and technicians to produce a reliable and sellable product
- BS in Electrical Engineering or BS in Computer Science with experience in embedded systems.
- Minimum of 1 year experience with projects involving the PIC microcontroller.
- Comfortable using the C programming language.
- Experience building and modifying basic (fine-pitch) digital hardware.
- Basic knowledge of electronic hardware and RF systems.
- Adept at debugging hardware and software with an oscilloscope, power supply, programming/emulation hardware, and other general lab equipment.
- Ability to build the code base microcontroller projects from the ground up. with ease as well as repair, debug, finish, and test existing projects.
- Maintain logical and readable comments in all code written.
- Eager to learn new skills relating to electronics and firmware.
- Well organized and displays good communication skills.
- Ability to present well in meetings, accurately predict task completion times, and consistently maintain a schedule .
- Does not get bogged down or stuck after failures; must openly communicate and collaborate with team members.
- Self-driven, must take ownership of and drive projects given.
- Documented portfolio of projects completed both professionally and recreationally containing code and hardware samples.
- Robotics experience.
- RF communications experience.
- SDR and DSP experience.
- Experience working with high reliability or life-critical devices.
- Knowledge of Matlab and instrument control via SCPI commands.
- Automated test fixture design and construction.
- Backcountry skiing and other outdoor activities are considered a plus.
How To Apply:
Interested candidates please visit http://erecruit.jarden.com to access all K2 Sports job opportunities posted on the website of our parent company Jarden Corporation.
K2 Sports is an equal opportunity employer.